Many samples are copolymers having a chemical composition distribution (CCD) and a molar mass distribution (MMD). The chemical heterogeneity of a product can be an important parameter for performance and quality.
WinGPC UniChrom is the only software that seamlessly integrates any method and detector. Data can be processed/reprocessed on-line or post-run by freely selecting the most appropriate data analysis method or method combination. This reveals a wealth of product properties which are never available in any other software.
WinGPC UniChrom offers a variety of data analysis options to meet any R&D and QA requirement of modern high-tech products. Access the full range of product properties through WinGPC UniChrom’s advanced and unique characterization modules.
The copolymer module allows comonomer distribution analysis based on dual detection in size exclusion mode. This data processing method needs at least two independent concentration signals for the automatic determination. It relies on the calibration of the individual signal responses to measure comonomer concentration in an absolute way.
The copolymer module adds
- Copolymer molecular weight averages and distribution information based on the use of 2 different calibration curves
- Average chemical composition analysis
- Comonomer distribution based on detector response analysis
This method needs two independent concentration detector signals for the automatic calculation of the composition and is based on the dual detection approach of copolymer calibration. This method requires molar mass calibration and an additional detector response calibration. Special equipment besides 2 detectors is not required.
- Part number: 400-1006
The chemical heterogeneity module allows for the analysis of chemically heterogeneous polymers such as copolymers or end group functionalized polymers in the interaction mode of chromatography (IPC). This method requires a calibration of the retention volume with standards of known chemical composition. The chemical heterogeneity module is an alternative for the copolymer module which calculates composition based on the detector response.
The chemical heterogeneity module adds
- the average chemical composition G
- the skew, S, and the width, dG, of the compositional distribution
This method requires a composition calibration of the chromatography time base. This calibration can be done either with standards of known composition or via multi detection (Copolymer Analysis module).
- Part number: 400-1009
The 2D Chromatography module is the module of choice for copolymers with a large number of hetero-contacts, e.g. statistical copolymers, polymers with only short comonomer sequences and high side chain densities. It combines the separation power of two different chromatographic methods (IPC, SEC/GPC, TREF, IC, CE, GC and more). Any 2D technique (comprehensive, (multiple) heart-cut, fractionating) is supported.
Data are presented as 3d surface plots or contour maps.
WinGPC UniChrom is the only software that adds quantification to the plots. Both axes can be calibrated to measure multiple property distributions simultaneously. GPC/SEC calibrations are included automatically. The WinGPC modules Copolymer and Chemical Heterogeneity are useful additions to the 2D module, to have all IPC calibration options available.
The 2D chromatography module adds
- transfer valve control via ChromPilot or PSS data acquisition hardware
- a software wizard for transfer valve control in comprehensive mode
- 3D surface plots
- Contour maps
- 2D quantifications for user selectable peaks by grid
- Overlay of 2D plots
- x- and y-axis projections
- Concentration iso-lines
- (Multiple) Heart-cut
The 2D Chromatography module can be used with control of both dimensions or for one dimension only.
- Part number: 400-1008
The 3D spectra module is the module of choice for comprehensive analysis and presentation of 3D-DAD/FLD data fields. The module adds simultaneous data acquisition of 2D and 3D signal sources (eg, RI, MALLS, DAD, FLD) with simultaneous recording and evaluation of multiple systems. After analysis a full UV/VIS spectrum or FLD spectum is presented with automatic assignment and interpolation of 3D data fields.
This module requires the ChromPilot module for system control.
The 3D spectra module adds
- In combination with the ChromPilot: simultaneous data acquisition of 2D (RI, MALLS, etc) and 3D signal sources (PDA/DAD, FLD)
- Full UV/VIS spectrum for every elution volume
- automatic assignment and interpolation of 3D data fields
- 3D graphics with selectable observation point
- 2 - and 3-dimensional contour plots (line and surface plots)
- selection and presentation of projections and sections
- overlay of 3D spectra
- overlay of single chromatograms/spectra
- peak purity analysis
- Part number: 400-1014