20-angle MALLS instrument suitable
- as GPC/SEC/GFC detector
- as FFF detector
The SLD2020 MALLS (MALS) is a 20-angle static light scattering detector for the measurement of absolute molecular weight, size and conformation of macromolecules in solution. The cylindrical and self-cleaning cell avoids common pitfalls in GPC/SEC-light scattering detection.
Fluorescence filters can be attached for every angle or for every second angle to reduce flourescence effects.
The SLD2020 can be integrated into any GPC/SEC or FFF system. In combination with a concentration detector (UV/DAD or RI) and a viscosity detector the light scattering detector can be used for triple detection and triple plus detection.
- 20 angle static light scattering detector for the simultaneous detection of the time-averaged scattering intensity at 20 different detection angles (12°, 20°, 28°, 36°, 44°, 52°, 60°, 68°, 76°, 84°, 90°, 100°, 108°, 116°, 124°, 132°, 140°, 148°, 156°, and 164°).
- Self cleaning, stable cell with vertical flow path.
- SLD2020 for all mobile phases (organic/aqueous), SLD2020B bioinert version for harsh analytical conditions and extreme pH values.
- 120 mW, 660 nm, vertically polarized, temperature stabilized light source with precision power control.
- Optional 10 or 20 flourescence filters.
Connect to any LC
The SLD2020 can be connected to virtually any LC. Analysis of the data requires at least one additional concentration detector (e.g. RI or UV).
Operation connected to a liquid chromatography system requires WinGPC UniChrom software 8.4 or later for detector control, data acquisition and analysis. WinGPC can manage a variety of LC systems from different suppliers directly obviating the need of several software packages in the lab.
Systems without ChromPilot 3rd Party Control can be connected using the SLD2020 input options:
- 4 analog ins with 24 bit resolution to connect any concentration detector or viscometer
- digital inject in to connect the autosampler or a manual injector
Don't sacrifice flexibility, user-friendliness and compliance just to add light scattering to your lab. Protect your investments and ensure integrated solutions - now and in future.
When connecting to an LC use WinGPC UniChrom MultiWorkstation or Client/Server to control the detector and the LC, acquire data and allow for comprehensive manual or automated analysis with flexible result output. Software wizards and guided setups support users and facilitate learning.
- Profit from the convenient, secure and continuously improved features of a world wide used Chromatography Data System equipped with specific light scattering data analysis routines and test procedures.
- Automatically generate ultra-fast molar mass and size results including result uncertainty even within an active sequence.
- Or analyze samples in all details using WinGPC's advanced features and sophisticated tools.
- Transfer all results to a LIMS, create extensive reports and provide clear, scalable figures for presentations - all within one software package.
|SLD2020||SLD7100||SLD1000||MDS Dual Angle|
|Detector type||20 angle simultaneous detection (MALLS)||7 angle simultaneous detection (MALLS)||1 angle, 90° (multicolor RALLS)||2 angle (integrated, dual angle)|
|No. of angles||20||7||1||2|
|Detection angles/ |
|12, 20, 28, 36, 44, 52, 60, 68, 76, 84, 90, 100, 108, 116, 124, 132, 140, 148, 156, 164 |
detection angle = scattering angle
|35, 50, 75, 90 105, 130, 145 |
index-matching cell: detection angle = scattering angle
|Cell/Cell volume||Glass, SST (standard), Titanium, PTFE + 25% carbon, 63 µL, vertical, self-cleaning||PEEK, 100µL nominal |
|analytical: 8µL cell |
bioinert: 8µL cell
micro: 4µL cell
|Scattering volume||< 7.8 nL||20 nL nominal||0.01µL|
|Laser wavelength/power||120 mW, 660 nm, vertically polarized, temperature stabilized light source with precision power control||635 nm/35 mW, vertically polarized, |
temperature stabilized with precision power control
|user selectable arbitrary wavelength between 300-600 nm, |
can be changed within sequence
|660 nm/50 mW|
|Options|| || || || |